2011-2012 Civics Game Design Awards Winners Announced!
The World Wide Workshop and partners are proud to announce the winner of the Globey Awards for 2011-2012 for West Virginia (Civics).
Grand Prize: Each member of the winning team receives a Game Designer Kit (Laptop and Adobe Flash software).
WINNING GAME: Power Supply by Team Milkapedia
Cause & Effect: The Daniel Calwell Story
by Team Milkapedia
Team Members: Caitlin Moore, Austin Susman
School: George Washington High School
Lead Teacher(s): Karen Kail
"Fishie Friends!" by The Pink Fluffy Monsters, Tygarts Valley Middle School
"The Passage" by PEACHES N'SYNC, Capital High School
"It's A Jungle Out There!" by Keebie, Tygarts Valley High School
Play the Winning Civics Games from 2010-2011 and 2009-2010
Competition winner was chosen based on the following criteria:
1. How well the game works (Technical quality)
2. How well the game-making process is presented (Production quality)
3. How well the game represents knowledge and facts (Research quality)
4. How well the game teaches content (Content quality)
5. How well the game is designed (Artwork and animation quality)
6. How well the team collaborates (Teamwork quality)
The World Wide Workshop thanks our esteemed West Virginia Game Design Awards partners: